Makeup, we all know, can be a girl’s best friend. Within a few minutes you can erase a pimple, make your cheekbones more prominent, or enliven your tired eyes. Some of the best makeup secrets, though, are those that shave years off.
- The Beauty of Air – Using airbrush makeup is essential for a younger appearance. The water-based foundation mixes with air to create a truly flawless look that instantly minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Make it Yellow – Pink-based foundations tend to bring out the redness in your skin. Try using a yellow-based foundation, instead. Not sure how to tell? We make it easy. Our odd-numbered foundations have a yellow base, and our even-numbered foundations have a pink undertone.
- It’s All About the Eyes – The eye area is key to your youthful glow. As women age, they tend to lose eyebrow hair, so be sure to fill in your brows. Feather the color onto the tails of your eyebrows, as that’s where hair loss usually focuses. Use a light-reflecting concealer around your eyes to instantly brighten them, and line the eyes with a soft color (such as brown or a nice taupe). Black eyeliner can look harsh and severe.
- Focus on the Apples – Many women tend to apply blush beneath their cheekbones. But, using a peach blush on the apples of your cheeks will bring back your spirited, youthful glow.
- Keep it Natural – For your lips, opt for lipstick shades that are as close to your natural lip as possible, or a shade darker. Dark lips can instantly make you look older.
What are your favorite makeup tips and tricks?