Kristina at PrettyShinySparkly.com has dabbled in airbrush makeup since her mother gifted her with a “cheap” system from Amazon. After moving into her current home, though, that system was lost and she needed an upgrade.
We were happy to fill the void. After trying our systems, Kristina came up these 5 Reasons to Try Airbrushing at Home.
With her traditional makeup, Kristina says “there have been times when my foundation just does NOT want to cooperate with my skin. Whether my skin is too flaky, too acne-prone, or just too reddened from harsh treatments — sometimes it seemed like it would just be best to go without makeup than to cake foundation on my face and make the problem even more obvious.”
- Airbrush foundation has the benefit of allowing skin to breathe without sacrificing longevity or coverage, it doesn’t look cakey or thick. It’s great for “camera-ready” skin, fabulous for video, or even selfies.
- Many people tend to think of airbrush makeup as “special occasion” makeup, but I would argue that it is actually incredibly simple. I can apply airbrush makeup in less time than it takes me to painstakingly bounce a beauty blender sponge across my face to ensure even, blended coverage. With airbrush, the blending is done for you–by the air we breathe.
- This system can be very easy to use and I found the effects and finish to last as long if not longer than standard foundation. I especially liked that it did not cling to dry patches
- You have an endless range of color possibilities. You can use the same type of makeup in summer as in winter, and you can custom mix you own shade any time you like – and always have the perfect match for your skin without buying another $25-50 bottle of foundation!
- The effects are near-flawless, and I quite like that it felt like I had literally nothing on my face.
“All in all, if you have been thinking about dabbling in airbrush makeup, I would wholeheartedly recommend Luminess systems as your go-to choice–and most specifically, the Luminess System, for reasons I outlined earlier in this post.”