Awards season is one of the biggest highlights of the year. The gowns! The shoes! The jewelry! (And, you know, the awards.) But most of all: The Beauty!
Jennifer Lawrence is one of our favorite starlets to watch glide (and sometimes stumble) down the red carpet. Her Dior Couture gowns never disappoint (marshmallow dress notwithstanding), and her next-level hair and beauty is always stunning.
At the 2016 Oscar’s, J-Law’s look was one for the books. She was stunning in a sheer, black lace gown with plunging neckline and cascading black feathers, landing her on ever Best Dressed list for the night. But, as always, her glamour continued with her hair and makeup. She opted for a pin-straight bob (so as not to overshadow the dress), and a soft but subtly sexy bronzed makeup look to complement the Dior gown.
Get the Look:
- Starting with our Silk foundation, apply light coverage to the entire face. One-to-two passes is plenty.
- Contour the hollows of your cheeks with foundation one shade darker than the rest of your face. (Starting at the temple, lightly apply the darker shade in a downward motion to your smile lines.)
- Use bronzer for your eye shadow. With 1-2 drops in the stylus, and holding the stylus close to your lid, apply the bronzer from the outer lid toward the inner in a gentle sweeping motion. (The motion is similar to using your traditional shadow brush.) Alternate eyes when applying, because the bronzer will darken as it dries. Alternating eyes will allow you to see the true color as you go. Layer the bronzer until you reach the desired shade.
- Take your favorite black liner (liquid, gel or pencil) and, starting from the center of your upper lash line, trace the eye toward the outer corner.
- Using a smudge-able eyeliner or dark shadow, trace the lower lash line from the outside toward the inner corner. Smudge as desired.
- With 2 drops of Glow in your stylus, gently highlight your inner eye area, high cheekbones, and just above your eyebrow.
- Finish with a brushed eyebrow (for a natural appearance) and pink gloss.
- Get ready to rock the red carpet!
Who was your favorite celebrity beauty look from the Oscars?