Makeup minimalism transcended the spring/summer season to overwhelm the runways of New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2016. Models from Proenza Schouler to Anna Sui showed us how to rock a naked face, a graphic eyeliner and an overstated Audrey (thank you, Brandon Maxwell).
But, our favorite look of NYFW was the severe cat-eye at Oscar de la Renta.
To get the look:
- Start with a fresh, clean face and add a soft Glow. You’ll want to keep an understated face for the rest of this look.
- Draw a triangle with our Persuasion Eyeliner.
- – Start halfway on your lash line and, extending toward the outside, draw halfway between the outer corner and your eyebrow.
- – Finish the line by tracing the crease of your eyelid.
- – Just inside of the outer corner of your eye, draw the bottom of the triangle and fill it in.
- Use Mascara just on the outer corners of the eye, where the eyeliner is. It’s effective and effortlessly sensual.
- Fill in your eyebrows with our new Brow Pencil to get confident, alluring brows. Using the brush, swipe up and out.
- Finish with just a hint of Lip Finisher, so you don’t distract from your statement eyes.
Now, you’ve got the look. And when you got it, flaunt it!